Zeppelin

Zeppelin

fredag 13 juli 2012

Storm Corrosion - Storm Corrosion

I finally got my hands on this piece of vinyl. I've been expecting this release for YEARS!

Ever since I heard the news about a possible collaboration between Steven Wilson (of Porcupine Tree among others) and Mikael Åkerfeldt (of Opeth among others) a couple of years ago I've had high hopes for this project.

These two guys are responsible for some of the greatest music produced in the 00's in their respective bands and some side projects.

This is the self titled debut album of the side project between Åkerfeldt and Wilson. They call themselves "Storm Corrosion.

One thing to have in mind when listening to this album (and this, the guys have been really clear about in interviews) is that this is just two talented musicians with similar taste in music, that has got together to make something together, without any thought to make a record at first. After hearing the first song from the album, "Drag Ropes", I got a little suspicious over the music that they had recorded. I expected something completely different (what that was, I'm not entirely sure, this wasn't it though...).

I haven't given that songs too many listens after that first one and I haven't heard anything else from the band until a few days ago when I finally got the vinyl.

This is really a special record and the music is really hard to describe. It's not a "easy listening" album to say the least, there is no clear rhythm and not a lot of guitars either. Sometimes it's more "sound" than it is a song, if you know what I mean? As I said, it's not easy to describe what is being served on this record.

I feared that this record was gonna be too impossible to listen to and that it was gonna be too "special". It's not though. It might not be what I had expected but it's an interesting listen from two brilliant musicians with an experementing ore.

The last song on the album, "Ljudet Innan" (the sound before), is probably the best one and you can almost hear a melody to it!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar