Zeppelin

Zeppelin

måndag 28 oktober 2013

Deafheaven - Sunbather

I'm compiling a list of the best records of the year so far. I'll hopefully present it in a day or two. I'm listening to some of the records that I think have a good chance of ending up there.

Deafheaven's "Sunbather" is truly one of them! Such an amazing album. Much has been said about this album in alternative music press and it deserve every little piece of attention it gets. 

To best describe the music emotional black metal may be most fitting? The dynamics of the album are incredible, from brutal black metal parts to beautiful dreamy guitar parts that you almost can call shoegaze. By brutal black metal I don't mean in the vein of the "old" norwegian style, but this is something new(?).

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar